Arlington Texas – After a 4-3 victory, Sunday night against the Braves, the Los Angeles Dodgers are headed to the World Series against the Tampa Bay Rays where they look to win their seventh championship at Globe Life Field in Arlington Texas. The Dodgers, who came back from being down 3-1 against the Astros, have a hot bat in Corey Seager.
The Fall Classic is finally underway after a condensed 60-game season without fans being able to attend was announced in June. SDNA-1000 saliva collection kits for all players and staff were provided throughout the season. Both teams have powerhouse hitting that’s hard to miss.
Looking for their first title, the Tampa Bay Rays are in the World Series after a 4-2 win against the Astros last Saturday. Timely hitting from two players, including Randy Arozarena, will be key.
With 6 home runs, Seager now holds the Dodgers’ postseason record. Seager, who homered fifteen times and had a .307 batting average for the regular season was named NLCS MVP. When asked about how challenging the road has been, Seager mentions how tough it is being away from family and quarantining, but the Dodgers will “stick with it and keep going.”
Like Seager, Arozarena won the ALCS MVP with timely hitting. Arozarena, who finished with 7 home runs in the postseason, joins B.J. Upton for the most home runs in the Rays’ history. Rays’ catcher, Mike Zunino, is also shouldering the load. With 4 homers in the playoffs, he is tied for second-most home runs by a catcher, all-time. In a presser, Arozarena said he wasn’t trying to win MVP and said “I was trying to do everything I could to help.”
The rest of the World Series schedule is as follows:
Friday, Oct. 23
• Game 3 at 8 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 24
• Game 4, at 8 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 25
• Game 5, at 8 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 27
• Game 6, at 8 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 28
• Game 7, at 8 p.m.
Will Seager’s hot bat lift the Dodgers to their seventh title? Can Arozarena carry the Rays to their first-ever championship and win World Series MVP?
Thumbnail Credit: Matthew T. Rader/Unsplash
- Randy Arozarena stats – Baseball Reference
- “2020 MLB 60-game schedule unveiled”
- “MLB names Spectrum Solutions as partner in league-wide COVID-19 testing program for 2020 season”
- Sarah Langs on Twitter: “Corey Seager’s 6 home runs this postseason are a Dodgers record for a single postseason”
- MLB Stats on Twitter: “Randy Arozarena’s 7th HR ties the @RaysBaseball record for most HR in a single #Postseason”
- MLB Stats on Twitter: “Mike Zunino’s showing off the power.”
- LA Dodgers – Baseball Reference
- “Dodgers win NLCS Game 7, head to the World Series” – Los Angeles Times on YouTube
- “2020 MLB Postseason Schedule Announced”